Saturday, March 27, 2010

Daily Word: Joy

As soon as I read this devotion, I knew I needed to pass it along so that others might also be blessed by these words.

+ + + + + + + + + +

Today's Daily Word - Thursday, March 25, 2010

Joy

The Holy Spirit is my source of joy forever.

An artesian well is a natural water source that emanates from layers of rock deep within the earth. Without priming or pumping, it sends an ever-flowing supply of cool, refreshing water to the surface. Spirit is an artesian well that fills me with joy, a wellspring of joy from which I may draw at any time. I may experience this joy as profound bliss or a simple awareness of well-being.

If circumstances weigh me down, I go to this well. If I am troubled or hurting, I go to this well. If I am lonely or afraid, I go to this well. There, in quiet prayer, I turn within and experience the cool, refreshing free-flowing Spirit as joy and peace.

The water that I will give will become in them a spring of water gushing up to eternal life.--John 4:14

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home