Monday, March 03, 2008

Old Joe Clark

Dear Friends,
Last week I began my "podcast ministry" with a recording of me reciting Psalm 24. Today we're moving up to the next step. This time, I have recorded myself playing the banjo. This is my first attempt at an instrumental recording with my new Samson microphone. I've created two links to the podcast. You can either click on the Title Bar at the top of this message, or you can click HERE.

Some notes about the recording. I am playing the old folk song Old Joe Clark in the "clawhammer" style. I used a "flat" recording setting (i.e., no reverb or any other type of effects were added). Even though I say "take 12" in the recording, it was actually take 14. That doesn't include, of course, the several times I played through the song before turning on the microphone.

I hope you enjoy it. I welcome your feedback. And for any of you sound techies out there--if you know of ways I can brighten/liven up the sound of my recordings, I would love to know how. I am still a novice at this and am still just feeling my way through.

Clayton

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home