Friday, February 29, 2008

Lenten Podcast 2007

Dear Friends,
As some of you may remember, during the 2007 Lenten Season the Missouri Conference of the United Methodist Church posted a series of Lenten Podcasts at the Conference web site. The podcasts were 2-3 minute recorded devotions given by both clergy and laity in Missouri. I was one of the clergy who posted a Podcast at the Conference web site. Maybe some you remember listening to it.

For reasons unknown to me, the Missouri Conference did not offer to post podcasts in 2008. Perhaps there was a lack of interest and/or the early date of Lent/Easter this year caught us unaware.

Now that I have the capability to post my own Podcasts, I decided that I would "rerun" my 2007 Lenten Podcast. I could have recorded a new message--and maybe I will next year--but I figure that the message of Lent is timeless. Thus, what was true in 2007 is still true for 2008.

To listen to the podcast, please click HERE.

Now please keep this in mind. The 2007 Lenten Podcast was my first attempt ever at recording a podcast. I had a very low-fidelity recording set-up. I had to heavily mute my banjo to keep it from overpowering my voice. So the quality will not be anywhere near my recent recording of Psalm 24. Even so, I hope you find this devotion to be meaningful.

Grace and Peace,
Clayton Peak

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home