Sunday, November 18, 2007

What You've Missed

In an ideal world, I (Clayton) would post frequently, perhaps several times a week. Everytime a cute picture or a heartwarming story would come my way, I would post it here for all the world to see. I would post entries to celebrate every major and minor holiday, birthdays of people famous and not-so-famous, plus all sorts of other celebrations and noteworthy events.

As you might guess, we do not live in that ideal world. However, just to give you a taste of "what you've missed", here are some ideas that I had for posting over the past several months.

-Pictures from the March Musicale at Palmyra UMC (March 18)
-Pete Seeger's 88th birthday (May 3)
-Monroe City Sesquicentennial Celebration (June 2-3)
-Independence Day (July 4)
-Baptism of nephew Jacob (July 7)
-Braveheart's 7th birthday (sometime in August)
-Second anniversary of when Rebecca gave my banjo (August 28)
-Second anniversary of Hurricane Katrina (August 29)
-Kohlby's 1st birthday (sometime in September)
-My birthday XX years old! (October 11)
-Reformation Day (October 31)
-All Hallow's Eve (October 31)
-All Saint's Day (November 1)
-All Soul's Day (November 2)
-Veteran's Day (November 11)

I'm sure there are plenty of other topics I could have written about, but that's all I can think of for now. And as time goes on, I'm sure I'll probably think of plenty of other ideas that will never it make it to this blog. Oh well, such is life. To quote the immortal words of 19th Century Quaker poet John Greenleaf Whittier :


For of all sad words of tongue or pen,
The saddest are these: "It might have been!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home