Thursday, July 17, 2008

TPT: Optimism

Now that I'm finally getting "back in the saddle" after my recent move, I can go back to posting my occasional series: TPT (Today's Power Thought). Today's Power Thought is from the June 2008 issue of Bits & Pieces.


"More than any other major personality trait,
Optimism is a matter of practice."
--Kathleen McGowan (writer)



What wise words these are. In my assessment, pessimism comes so easily to most people. It's kind of like their "default" setting. But just as we can override the default setting on a computer or other machine, so too can we override our tendency to be pessimistic and instead work at maintaining an optimistic outlook on life. Pessimism kills, so let's get practicing!

By the way--this is the 100th post at "The Dunger Peak". Thanks to all of you dear readers who make this blog possible!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home