Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Back to School

With the exception of some schools on the quarter system (like the University of Chicago, most students are back to school by now. But whether or not we ourselves are enrolled in school at this time, we are still students. Learning does not end when we get our diploma. Education is truly a lifelong process. As we think about our ongoing learning, I find the following devotion from The Daily Word to be inspiring.

Today's Daily Word - Monday, September 14, 2009

Back to School

I embrace new opportunities to learn and grow.

The smell of new crayons and freshly sharpened pencils may remind me of the excitement I felt on the first day of a new school year. Now when I begin a new book or project, I may feel that same kind of anticipation.

As a lifelong learner, I gratefully acknowledge that every day presents opportunities to keep learning and to share insights with others. As I grow in understanding, learn new skills and try fresh approaches, my knowledge expands.

I give thanks for all those who teach, guide and support students on new paths. I affirm that God's wisdom and understanding are active within them.

"What you have heard from me through many witnesses entrust to faithful people who will be able to teach others as well."--2 Timothy 2:2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home