Friday, June 08, 2007

TELEGRAM 8 JUNE 2007

As a prelude to this message, let me make something clear. I realize that "netiquette" specifies that typing in ALL CAPS amounts to SHOUTING. However, ALL CAPS means something completely different for an "ole time" telegram. In the early days of Morse Code, there was no way of distinguishing between upper- and lowercase letters. As a result, ALL telegrams were printed in ALL CAPS. In no way was it considered shouting. That's all that the technology of the time allowed. So with that in mind...


TELEGRAM 8 JUNE 2007

RETURNED FROM ANNUAL CONFERENCE STOP LIFE IS BUSY STOP TAKING CARE OF REBECCA STOP CHANGES COMING UP AT CHURCH STOP WILL WRITE MORE LATER STOP LOVE CLAYTON END

1 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for giving me your blog address! Mostly I am awed. Those are some amazing photos. I cannot imagine the difficulty of living in that contraption for six weeks. Wow, wow and wow again -- a trinity of wows just for you! You both are awesome! I wish I lived closer so I could help out. The most I can do from here is to keep you in my daily prayers. So, continued prayers for you.
Much love and very gentle hugs,
Stephanie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home