Thursday, November 30, 2006

Happy Birthday Dad!

Tuesday, November 28 was my father's 80th birthday! My dad grew up in Mulvane, Kansas. Since 1968 has lived in Vista, California. On April 12, 1957 he married Sara Ann Schrooten, originally of Miner County, South Dakota. They were married for almost 46 years until she passed away on January 1, 2003.

My Dad's accomplishments during his 80 years are many. He served in the United States Army during the Korean War. He made his career as a Chemistry teacher, and was a professor at Mira Costa College in Carlsbad, California for more than 25 years. After retiring in 1991, he was later bestowed the title of Professor Emeritus. Throughout his life, my dad has been an active leader at church, most recently at Escondido First Church of the Nazarene. Yet of all his many accomplishments in life, probably his greatest accomplishment was fathering two sons, Andrew and myself!

So, Happy Birthday Dad! May you have health, vitality, and happiness in the days, weeks, months, and years ahead!

2 Comments:

At 11:23 PM, Blogger Ava said...

Just letting you know I was in the neighborhood!!

Ava

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Mickey said...

Hi Clayton,
Thanks for the forwards and things to my inbox.I see that your hit count is closing in on 500!!
Tell Rebbecca hello.See you soon?


Mickey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home